Thursday, April 15, 2010

Introductions

Hey, I'm Lexa. I am an obsessive compulsive make up addict.
Of all the things I have hoarded, loved, cherished and cared for in my life; make up has always been (and likely always will be) my absolute favorite thing to spend my hard-earned cash on.
I have over 100 lip balms. I have at least 50 eyeshadows. At any given time I will have between 3 and 6 different mascaras in rotation for fear one might dry out.

"Why so much make up?" you might be thinking. Well, some women have 200 pairs of shoes, or a closet full of designer jeans. Or most likely, a lot of pretty little gemstone bracelets and diamond rings. I like my makeup. More than my shoes, clothes, jewelery, hair, whatever have you.

I like to wear a lot of it. No, it's not because I am trying to hide behind it. I like my face, but I love the enhanced, airbrushed, defined look that my cosmetics and artistic skill can create.
I look at my face as a canvas, and use my makeup as a form of artistic expression. Every day.
And, I'll add it feels good to look good :)

I decided to make this blog because :
  1. I buy a lot of different products and I'd like to review them in detail with pics (focusing on mascara)
  2. I want to share my makeup addiction with those that understand and appreciate it as much as I do!
I hope that I can help somebody find something "holy grail" status. I have found a few through the years but I continue on the search for an HG mascara. I just can't settle for one. I want the best of the best. One that will just blow all of the others I've tried out of the water.

If you have an HG mascara, or one you'd like to see reviewed, please send me a message.

I will leave you with a pic of me wearing my almost HG mascara, Dior show black out :



~Lexx13

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, I am from the other side of the planet but I understand you completely! sorry for my english. I am looking for my HG mascara since I was 18 and I am 42 now:-) the one that made me very impressed is from "makeup factory" all-in-one mascara, diorshow waterproof and helena rubinstein feline blacks.

Unknown said...

Hey there, I'm glad to hear from someone far away :)
Thank you for your recommendations, I will definitely look into these mascaras!
Also, your English is perfect ;)

Anonymous said...

hi again - I am glad that I finally have found somebody that describes exactly what I feel about mascara. I need length and separation - volume without length is not much impressive. the staying power and non-smudge formula is also very important for me. looking for this criteria the best non-waterproof formula belongs to the makeup factory mascara I mentioned in my post yesterday. I probably will leave some more posts on reviews I find interesting for me. I hope you don't mind:-)

Unknown said...

Hey again, I just have to mention that the best inexpensive mascara I've ever tried is Prestige my biggest lashes. I think you would like it! It's basically perfect.
I will definitely look into that makeup factory mascara!

Anonymous said...

hi there from bosnia, it's me again, unfortunately, there is no Prestige products here where I live, no Nars, no Mac etc. We have on-the-budget- companies like L'oreal, Bourjois, Rimmel, Manhattan etc. and we have splurge-companies like Estee Lauder, C. Dior, Chanel etc. if you can find makeup factory (it is a german company artdeco) try mascara I recommended...

Unknown said...

Oh no, what a shame there are no MAC or NARS in Bosnia. I think Bourjois has some nice things, I've been wanting to try their mascaras although I find them a little pricey here in Canada.
Prestige is a nice drugstore brand with some great products, the mascara only costs $9 CAD. Maybe you can find it online.
I hope to somehow find the one you recommended, I'm going to look :)