Wednesday, April 28, 2010

L'oreal telescopic explosion mascara review



The brush is made of plastic- flexible, but sharp!


Here is a review for L'oreal Telescopic explosion mascara. Basically, it is a total rip off of Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes Mascara which retails for $29 USD and is only available at Sephora.
The unique brush is what really got me. It looks so cool! All spiky and evil.
I've always wanted phenomen'eyes so of course when this came out I snapped it up right away.
Well, it really sucks. When you take the wand out, the whole thing is totally covered in globs of the wet formula. You absolutely must remove some of the excess before applying, unless you like huge thick spider lashes *shudders*.
After carefully applying vertically to lift the lashes, then horizontally to grab every lash, I am not impressed. My lashes are weighed down by the thick formula, and the mascara does not distribute evenly using this medieval torturing device of a brush. I am left with clumping no matter what.
The extra time (and precision) it takes to apply this is not worth the mediocre results.
L'oreal's regular telescopic mascara is much better than this.
Into the trash she goes!
Price: $11.99 CAD
My rating: 1.5 / 5

No comments: