Sunday, January 16, 2011

MAC Dazzle the Lads Lip set Photos and Swatches



MAC put together a gorgeous holiday lip set this year for the tartan tale collection. The colors are on the warm side, but still very wearable for most skin tones. The colors are very nicely coordinated and now I am wishing I had the other set as well!
Dazzle the lads kit includes: draw me close lip pencil, barons rose lipstick and a dazzleglass in moth to flame.

Draw me close lip liner pencil, dusty rose


Extremely nice and creamy lip pencil! However, the color is more of a deep peach than rose.

Wearing draw me close:



Barons rose lipstick, cremesheen

A gorgeous color that I can't get over. It's a medium berry rose color, with a lovely golden sheen to it. It's not as deep or frosty as O lipstick. It resembles Thrills lipstick from to the beach collection, but thrills is lighter and warmer toned. Both O and thrills lipsticks are frost finishes which I find to be drying, but I am happy to report that Barons rose has a lovely creamy texture that doesn't dry my lips at all.


Wearing barons rose by itself:
After blotting, the color is perfect and I am loving the gold shimmer



Wearing barons rose over draw me close liner:


Moth to flame dazzleglass:

I really like moth to flame. It doesn't add much color to your lips, but it sure makes them sparkle! It's got gorgeous gold and violet dense microshimmer that really catches the eye.
I love to use this over peach lipsticks.


Wearing moth to flame by itself:


Wearing draw me close, barons rose and moth to flame:


The three products look really nice together!


I really like MAC's holiday sets. It's a great way to try out new products without buying them all separately.
Did you like any of the tartan tale holiday sets?

No comments: