Sunday, January 30, 2011

Revlon grow luscious mascara review

If you thought I was slacking off on reviews, I promise you I wasn't! For the past 4 weeks I've been using one mascara only - Revlon grow luscious.
It was hard to do for a mascara junkie like me, but I did it for you - so here are the results!

The claim : (From Revlon's site)

-Lash enhancing formula complements the natural growth cycle of your lashes, improving their overall appearance and conditioning with each use
-Get lashes that look instantly longer and lusher and will also grow stronger day after day
-Oversized lash-extending brush
-Ophthalmologist tested

The brush:
It sure is big! I found it pretty good for grabbing all my lashes and distributing the mascara evenly. It's bigger than Diorshow's brush! see my comparison:

Left Revlon GL Right Diorshow:
My results:

Week 1: I started to notice my lashes were looking a little bit longer.

Week 2: I started to shed 1-2 lashes every night when taking off the mascara. This was really odd and I almost stopped using it but after a few days it cleared up.

Week 3: I didn't notice anything different.

Week 4: My lashes were noticably fuller and slightly thicker. They weren't any longer.

Completely unedited before & after photos; wearing only eyeshadow primer no mascara:

You can see in my after photo that both bottom and top lashes are slightly fuller and denser. There wasn't much improvement in the overall length of my lashes.

The mascara:

I really liked the mascara itself. With one coat it adds a little bit of length and definition, but it can easily be built up without clumping. I needed about 3 coats to get the effect I liked.
It wore well and didn't smudge or flake.

Wearing grow luscious mascara:

Overall, this mascara performed well for me.
I didn't like that through mid cycle of use I lost quite a few lashes. Even though they seemed to grow back faster than normal, I still have a few little lash stubs now that really annoy me.
I was impressed with the results I got, thicker and fuller lashes. Nothing extraordinary but also not bad for a drugstore product!

Repurchase? No, I don't want to risk losing any lashes again

Price: $9.99 CAD

Rating: 3.5/5

No comments: