Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kat Von D Adora love and fury palette photos swatches and EOTD

I have a new obsession. This is my very first Kat Von D palette, and I am totally hooked. I had no idea these eyeshadows were such great quality! I'm going to buy them all.

Adora comes in a gorgeous black and red case, designed by KVD herself - with love on one side, and fury on the other. It also has the latin phrase 'venusta impetus' on the front, which I am going to go ahead and say roughly translates to 'beauty attack'. That sounds the coolest.

Definition: (Source)
venustas : loveliness, charm, attractiveness, beauty.
impetus : attack, onset, rapid motion / impulse, passion, force.

back of the palette:
Inside are 8 super pigmented eyeshadows ranging from white, silver red and black. There are two mini applicators included and they work really well for applying the cream shadows.
Eyeshadows (with my own descriptions) left to right:

Albino - white glitter
Holy Bible - light silver shimmer
Slayer - silver glitter (cream)
Glock - gunmetal silver shimmer
Crucifix - slick black (cream)
bloodletting - glistening reddened burgundy(cream)
Ace of spades - blackened eggplant with purple microglitter
Oddfellow - Black with green and blue microglitter

Swatches:
These are so pigmented! The creams were really hard to wash off my arm.

Albino, Holy Bible, Slayer, Glock
Crucifix, bloodletting, ace of spades, oddfellow
I wasn't sure about the cream eyeshadows at first, but they really impressed me. The silver (slayer) makes an awesome base for the other silver colors.
The black and red creams work really well as gel liners, or as a base for the glittery dark powder eyeshadows. The glitter sticks really nicely to them.
I really hope they don't dry out too quickly as I've noticed others have mentioned theirs have. I am keeping the palette stored upside down - like I do with all my MAC paint pots and cream liners, to help them stay moist. Maybe it will help!

EOTD #1 using the 'love' side of the palette:


Full face:
EOTD #1 breakdown:

- MAC bare canvas paint (base)
- slayer (cream) e/s on lids
- albino over slayer
- glock in the crease & outer v
- oddfellow to define the crease
- holy bible to blend
- slayer on 1/2 lower lash line

EOTD #2 using the 'fury' side of the palette:


full face:
EOTD #2 breakdown:

- MAC bare canvas paint (base)
- crucifix all over lid
- bloodletting above crucifix up to brow bone
- slayer blended above bloodletting to brows
- oddfellow over crucifix
- ace of spades over bloodletting
- albino over slayer up to brows and in the inner corners
- bloodletting to line the lower lash line

I was so impressed with the pigmentation and blend-ability of these eyeshadows! I had no idea they were this nice. I love the design and packaging as well, it's right up my alley. I think KVD is going to become my new favorite line of cosmetics, I've already got a Ludwig palette on the way!

Have you tried any Kat Von D makeup? What did you think?

No comments: