Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Maybelline color sensational pearls lipstick photos and swatches

Since I love my Maybelline color sensational lipstick in pink please (you can see my swatches here) I just had to have a few from the pearls collection.

Description from Maybelline's website :

Why You'll Love It

• More luminous shimmer from micronized pearls
• Luscious, creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
• 10 always flattering, never frosty shades

Here is the regular packaging vs. the pearls packaging:



Left to right: twinkle, so pearly, champagne shimmer and sparkling sand (with flash)
Left to right: twinkle, so pearly, champagne shimmer and sparkling sand (without flash)
My lips before swatches:
- I smoothed a tiny bit of foundation on so the color would be true to the different tones

Twinkle:

a super pearly glimmery sheer pink, really pretty.


So pearly:

Clear base with multicolored pearls. It was impossible to photograph, but this one is one of my favorites because it adds nice dimension to the lips.


Champagne shimmer:

This one has a golden tan tone, with very slight glossy pearl.


Sparkling sand:

This one has a very sheer beige undertone, with high pearl.


Why I love them:

You might think they are nothing special, but I really like these! They are the perfect texture between a lipstick and a balm with a slightly glossy finish.
Somehow even though they are shimmery and 'pearly' they don't look frosty. I can't stand frost lipsticks, especially MAC ones.
I would have been happy with just one, but after I got so pearly I knew I'd need one for my purse, the car, and well - one just in case I ever lost it!

I can't believe I am starting to prefer these color sensational lipsticks over high end brands!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you, these were the color swatches of this line i was searching for! I'm getting "So pearly" this morning, so pretty. I love nude shimmery lip colors. Very pretty photos and description