Monday, March 7, 2011

Lancome rose ballerine natural origin eyeliner photos, swatches and EOTD



Lancome came out with two new LE CRAYON KHÔL pencils for the Ultra Lavande collection spring 2011. The two colors are Ultra lavande which is a bright mid toned lavender and pink ballerine which is a light whitish baby pink.

I picked up pink ballerine because it was pretty, and I haven't seen an eyeliner this color before.
I planned to use it to brighten up my lower waterline, as I find using a stark white pencil looks horrible on me.
These two new khol pencils are 'Formulated with 94% natural-origin materials'. Sounds good to me! I found that the texture was very smooth and the color was very pigmented.

Swatch:

This pencil brightens up my eyes wonderfully! I was really impressed, it stayed for most of the day on my waterline.

Before (nothing on my waterline):
With rose ballerine on my waterline:
It adds the perfect amount of color to take away any redness and make my eyes look more awake and vibrant. It didn't burn or irritate at all.
I'm sure there are many uses for this pencil as well, but it works perfectly as an eye brightener.
I definitely think that these pencils are overpriced at $24.50, but they are of excellent quality. I also think that using more 'natural' ingredients near my eyes is a good thing.

What did you think of Lancome's Ultra Lavande collection? Did you get anything?

No comments: