Tuesday, April 19, 2011

NARS Bettina velvet matte lip pencil photos and swatches

I think one of the best products NARS has to offer are the velvet matte lip pencils. They are unlike any lipstick I've used before. They feel really nice and comfortable on the lips, not at all drying.
Actually, I think they might even be moisturizing. My lips always look so plumped up when I use them.

I didn't do the swatch on my arm, but here are swatches of Bettina on my lips:



Bettina is a classic 'nude' your lips better color. It's totally neutral and would look great on anybody. It would work with practically any makeup look too.
It made me feel classy or something, pulled my look together.

Here's an FOTD wearing NARS bettina on lips, Kat Von D rock 'n roll eyeshadow palette and MAC blush in mocha.
This is my second velvet matte pencil, the first one I had was sex machine but I found I liked NARS roman holiday lipstick better. Roman holiday is similar, although sex machine is a bit deeper and more fuchsia.
I recommend trying velvet mattes if you like matte lipsticks!



4 comments:

Sarah said...

I have this color, too, and I love it! All of the velvet matte lip pencils are awesome... Have you tried the gloss pencils? I like those, too, although they can be a bit tacky. Bettina looks great on you!

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Sexah!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This colour looks awesome on you! Isn't NARS just the best thing ever?

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone!