Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Maybelline volum' express one by one mascara review

Oh boy. You want to know something pathetic? I bought this because it matched the coral colored lipgloss and nail polish I was also buying at the time. I didn't need it or really want it, I just bought it because it matched. I think it might have been on sale, so that's alright then.

I'm not the biggest fan of Maybelline mascaras, although the odd one does sometimes impress me. I liked Maybelline the falsies, didn't quite love it though.

Sadly I couldn't get a good shot of the wand on the one by one mascara. Basically it's a football shape with tiny rubbery spikes that really grab every lash.
It's quite unique and I can't quite compare it to anything else.

Wearing one by one:

This mascara was easy to apply and added a little length and volume. Not bad.
I like how it separated my lashes, I just wish it gave more length at least.
It sort of reminded me of a cheap version of MAC mascara X, in that it gave me very natural looking feathery lashes. Nothing extraordinary.
What this one by one did do was give me flaky raccoon eyes within an hour of wearing it.
I thought maybe I layered it too much, using two coats. So I tried using only one coat and that did nothing. It just flaked all down my face while I was at work.
I was so mad. I took this back to the store. It's total crap! Don't buy this one, especially not in the hot summer weather or you will regret it.

repurchase? never.

rating: 1/5

price: $8.99 CAD

6 comments:

Vijaya said...

Haha! I do that sometimes: buy things 'cause they match, I mean.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lexa! You've been tagged for the Liebster Blog Award!
http://icolouroutsidethelines.blogspot.com/
Hope you don't mind:)

Unknown said...

viijis...yay I don't feel so alone now!

ct1980 - awesome thank you! :)

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Eeek! I find that Maybelline mascaras do that to me too. I love your e/s here though! Breakdown?

Unknown said...

I used Kat Von D true love palette, I will be posting more EOTD's with it soon, so you can see the whole thing :)))

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

LOL! I sometimes buy things because of the packaging colours as well! I have bought this mascara as well and I really like it! That's unfortunate that it didn't work out for you, I hate when mascara flakes off onto my face!