Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gosh velvet touch lipstick swatches nougat and cappuchino

Above: L Nougat and R Cappuchino

I got these lipsticks a while ago, they were limited edition for Spring 2011.
The quality of these mimics MAC's lustre formula, with an opaque slightly glossy finish.
I only wish that they stayed on longer, they need to be reapplied often.

Swatches: L to R nougat and cappuchino
Nougat is a very warm reddish brown. It would suit warmer complexions very nicely. It looks kind of 'off' on my pale face. It reminds me of Laura Mercier lipstick in discretion.

Cappucino is a light beige/greyed taupe that I absolutely adore! It looks very similar to MAC fresh brew. Sorry I don't have swatches of fresh brew but you can see that it also looks a bit like MAC to pamper lipstick (swatch here).

Cappuccino:

nougat:

I like these but I don't love them.

Lately I'm preferring long wearing lipsticks and liners to last through my shift at work. Any recommendations for lippies that stay on nicely are appreciated ;)

7 comments:

Vijaya said...

Hope you don't mind my linking a review, but Inglot's AMC Lip Pencils wear AMAZINGLY.

The Sunday Girl said...

I have nougat and like you I was only so so with them, a bit bland werent they :( x

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

I enjoy GOSH lipsticks, but I do agree that they aren't particularly long wearing.

Unknown said...

V- I have no idea where I can buy inglot in Canada.

I see everyone agrees, these lipsticks are nice but not amazing are they?! :)

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Nougat looks amazing on you! Pair that with a smokey eye, I bet it would look freaking hot! Have you tried using a lip primer? I've used DuWop's before with great results.

Unknown said...

ohhh I was thinking of getting duwop lip primer!! I might have to now :)

Anonymous said...

I've got a pale skin, nougat is one of the lipsticks that works the most perfect for me, I only have to watch out that I don't overdo it. Try dabbing it a bit with a tissue before leaving the house and you'll be fine. It'll be matte as well, which gives it a more classy look.