Friday, November 18, 2011

Cargo blu ray high definition macara review

I first tried this blu ray mascara about 6 months ago, and it looks as though in that period of time it's been discontinued. I figured I'd do a review anyways, in case anybody is still thinking about buying it (where it's available).

I'm not really a huge fan of Cargo cosmetics, but I was curious about their high definition products because I have read good reviews.

First off, the smell of this mascara was horrible. Very strong chemical-flower scent. I loathed using it just because it meant I'd have to smell it. Thankfully, the smell goes away after it dries.

The wand is like a tiny comb with a million little teeth. It was tricky at first but it is easy enough to apply. I found it difficult to reach all of my lashes evenly and thoroughly because it isn't flexible at all.
The up side of the wand was that it didn't clump at all since it was like a built in lash comb.

the wand:

The formula is on the dry side.
It was also quite dense and really weighed down my lashes. I'd curl my lashes twice before applying, they would stay up for a minute until the formula dried - and then the curl would just completely fall down. Really unhappy with that.
It gave decent length, and a little volume. No flaking or smudging.

Wearing blu ray high definition mascara:



Overall, not impressed with this one.
It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I need my lashes to stay curled or I go crazy, so this was definitely not for me. I wouldn't recommend it since there are so many better mascaras out there - plus it's now discontinued.

repurchase? no

rating: 2.5/5

price: $20 CAD

No comments: