Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Comparison: Urban Decay 24/7 liner vs. Styli-Style line & seal liner

(Above) Right: Styli-Style carbon black Left: Urban Decay zero

For the past 3 or so years I have been using Urban Decay's 24/7 eyeliner in zero. I have always been on the look out for something cheaper because it seems I go through zero really fast, so it can get a little pricey.

I recently bought a Styli-Style line & seal eyeliner in Carbon Black, and decided to compare it to Urban Decay's zero.
I first tried Styli-Style line & seal eyeliner years ago and I adored it. It stays on all day and wears well on the waterline.
I had a hard time finding Styli-Style for a while, which is why I got hooked on Urban Decay's 24/7 liners.
I have noticed Styli-Style cosmetics are only sold at Pharma Plus/Rexall stores now (in Canada), in case you are wondering where I got it.

Price comparison:

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner $22 CAD

Styli-Style line & seal eyeliner $9.99 CAD

Styli-Style is less than half the price of Urban Decay eyeliner! Much more affordable.


Right: Styli-Style carbon black Left: Urban Decay zero

Size:

Both eyeliners come with the same amount of product, 0.04 oz


The test:

I swatched both liners heavily on the back of my hand, then let them dry completely. Then I put them to the test!

Left: Styli-Style Right: UD

You can see both liners are well pigmented, and the depth of black is really similar.


Left: Styli-Style Right: UD

After 8 hours:

I exposed both sides to soap, water and towel drying as I washed my hands about 10 times within the time period. You can see, Styli-Style held up really well! UD, not so much.. I was sort of surprised!

Left: Styli-Style Right: UD

After 12 hours:

Both colors were pretty well gone by this time, and that is mainly because I was really scrubbing at them to get them off. You can see on the left, Styli-Style eyeliner residue is more prominent.

The final test:

I wore both eyeliners to work on different eyes. Styli-Style on the left, and UD on the right.
This photo was taken about 10 hours after I applied my makeup, right after work.
I found that both wore really well. The Urban Decay liner moved and smudged more than the Styli-Style did. I was impressed, the Styli-Style is the ultimate winner!!!
I would absolutely recommend it over Urban Decay.

1 comment:

Savannah said...

Great comparison post! I'm shocked that Styli-Style held up longer than UD's.

xxx