Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Revlon colorburst lip butter in Gumdrop photos & swatches

Ok I lied, this new Revlon lip butter is my latest drugstore purchase.
The cute colors and packaging had me in one glance. I could not resist.

Gumdrop is a light lilac color, there are many different color choices in these - nudes, browns pinks and reds.
Gumdrop looks almost identical to Revlon super lustrous lipgloss in lilac pastelle which was limited edition.
The color is so pretty, I love it. It goes on sheer but you can layer it on for more color saturation. There aren't any large shimmer particles in it, but after it's worn off there are tiny sparkles left on my lips. So, it does have very subtle shimmer.

swatch of gumdrop:

wearing gumdrop:

What I like about it:

- The cute color (obviously!)
- Affordable ($8 CAD)
- Packaging is nice
- Somewhat moisturizing

What I don't like about it:

- No detectable fragrance or flavor. with names like 'creme brulee' and 'strawberry shortcake' I was hoping for yummy scents. Disappointment there :/
Fragrance is listed in the ingredients, but near the end so there is only a tiny bit. I do get a faint whiff of vanilla when I first apply.
- Not long lasting at all (1 hour max)
- After it wears off my lips start to feel dryer than they were before

Overall these are cute and cheap lip glosses. If you have ever used L'oreal color juice sticks, these lip butters have an identical texture. Like a tinted gloss and balm in one.
I don't think I'll buy any more but I really love the color of gumdrop so I'll keep using it :)

1 comment:

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

This is a really pretty colour!