Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bobbi Brown no smudge mascara review

Every now and then I try a Bobbi Brown product. I'm usually impressed, the quality is always pretty good.
One thing that irks me is that Sephora doesn't ship BB products to Canada. It's 'restricted'. If anyone knows why I'd really love to know!

Anyways, no smudge mascara - is it really 'no smudge'? Let's see...

Like most BB products the packaging is plain, I don't mind since I like black.

The mascara brush is composed of soft bristles that really grab onto your lashes. I love it, it's not too big or too small, just right.

no smudge wand:

The formula has a sort of gel texture, it's thin and spreads on easily.
It adds a lot of length and holds up a curl very nicely, I'm quite happy with that!
In fact, if I build it up enough I sort of get this false eyelash look. It's pretty amazing.
Unfortunately, if I do put on a lot of layers it tends to flake off within a few hours.
With 2 coats it's fine and doesn't flake smudge or smear at all, lasting all day long.

2 coats no smudge mascara:


So, I have to say that I really do like this mascara. It's unique in the way that it makes your lashes look dense and almost fake. It's excellent for every day wear since it doesn't move.
I like to really cake on the mascara sometimes depending on the look I'm going for and this one just doesn't do well with more than 2 coats, so that is one little drawback.
I also find it to be a bit pricey, but overall if money isn't a concern I say try it!

repurchase? probably

rating: 4/5

price: $24 USD

1 comment:

Beth said...

they have a bobbi brown section at the sephora at the eaton center now