Tuesday, January 10, 2012

MAC 6 snowglobe eye shadows warm palette photos and EOTD

I fell head over heels with this palette when I saw it at MAC. It became #1 on my Xmas wish list and sure enough I got it.

Here are the colors with my own descriptions :

- winterscape (sparkling white)
- magical mist ( shimmery silver)
- patina (gorgeous tan with subtle gold warmth to it!)
- buckwheat (super pretty chestnut brown with silver shimmer)
- gaelic gold (true warm gold with a nice sheen)
- Midnight flurry (cool blackened brown)



I love how there is a mix of warm and cool colors, the contrast drew me to it.

Some of the shadows are more pigmented than others, the lusters in particular are not MAC's best formula.
The packaging is so pretty. The top of the palette is a dome with water and glitter suspended in it just like a snow globe.

Here are two EOTD's I did using this palette. For the first look I used Midnight flurry in the crease, buckwheat all over the lid and blended into the crease, magical mist in the inner 2/3 and winterscape to highlight:





For the second look I used midnight flurry in the crease, gaelic gold all over the lid up into the crease, patina on the inner 2/3 and then I lined my top and bottom lash line with NYC waterproof eyeliner in mink. I love that eyeliner lately!



You can see how the shadows look a bit patchy, I think it's because I was trying out a new eyeshadow primer and it wasn't grabbing the colors very well.

Overall I really like this palette, the colors all go really well together and compliment each other beautifully.

After straying for a while I find myself really liking my MAC makeup lately. I always end up coming back to MAC. Does anyone else do this?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love both of the looks you created with this palette, but my favorite is definitely the second, it's stunning!