Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Kat Von D Sin-full lash mascara review


Before I do this review can I just say how much I miss blogging? Well..I am back! I have so much material to cover, so many reviews to write - ah this will be fun!

I got this sin-full lash back in the summer, I had pretty high hopes it would be amazing. 
Of course the packaging rocks, as all KVD makeup has sleek pretty designs.
 
 
Sin-full lash is supposed to make your lashes look fuller, add length and curl...everything basically.  I watched an interview where Kat says she spent a lot of time getting the formula right, and even tested it herself.

So, does it do it all? Let's see.
The main thing I noticed was that this mascara made my lashes look nice and full. It sort of fanned them out and added some volume. Nothing too dramatic, but of course you can layer it and I never had much problem with it clumping.

The formula is a nice mix between dry/wet, right in the middle. It's got a really nice black pigment, nice and dark.
The brush is a good size, not too big and not too small.

sin-full lash brush:

 

So it added nice fullness and volume to my lashes, but it didn't do much for length. That is a deal breaker for me. I like length.
I also found it gave me slight raccoon eyes within a few hours of wearing. It smudged every time I wore it.

2 coats of sin-full lash on my lashes:


The biggest problem I had with this was the tube broke after I had it for 2 weeks. I am not sure how this happened to be honest. I remember it didn't close properly after I used it last and when I went to use it again it was like this:



I gueess I am too strong for my own good? I don't know.
Needless to say, I returned it, because I only had it for 2 weeks and it broke, and started to dry out. Really not cool. I've never had this happen to a mascara tube, ever! I'm always careful with my makeup and I thought this was weird.

Overall, I say pass. It only really volumizes, but will smudge by the end of the day. There are much better mascaras out there, less expensive ones too.

Repurchase? No

Price: $23 CAD

Rating: 2/5

No comments: