Saturday, January 12, 2013

Physicians formula organic wear fake out mascara review




I really hunted this new mascara down! I went to about 5 different local drug stores before I found it.

Physicians formula fake out mascara claims to give an '(almost) false lash effect' and  '24 hr wear'.
It is described as the '1st EVER mascara with 100% natural origin lash extension fibers for the full-on fringe of false lashes without irritation.' That just sounded amazing for a natural mascara. Maybe too amazing!


I adore the packaging. I don't think I've ever seen a fuchsia colored mascara tube before!


The wand is huge! One of the biggest I've used. It is actually hard to get it close to your lashes because it is so massive. It's practically impossible to get it onto lower lashes, I tried my best but I end up did poking myself.

fake out wand:

Sigh, I had such high hopes for this mascara. All the claims sounded so good. I have tried the original organic wear mascara and the lash boosting one as well - both were really good. They held curl, added length and conditioned my lashes.

Fake out is different because of the fibers. In a good and bad way.
First, I  found the formula extremely dry. I mean so dry, it was hard to get an even coat on. I had to layer a lot to get it onto my lashes evenly.

This is what 4 coats looks like:


Yah, sadly, it took 4 coats to get my lashes noticeably defined and thick.  
My lashes aren't short per say, but this made them feel stubby and weighed down. 
The fibers did not extend the tips of the lashes, but worked to thicken them.
Physicians Formula made this fake out formula so viscous and dry it can't lift and lengthen the way the other organic wear mascaras do.

It wore fairly well, with slight flaking by the end of the day, but that is expected with 4 coats of a dry mascara!
My huge gripe with all the organic wear mascaras? If they come in contact with water (like rain, eyedrops, crying) they will run everywhere, horribly. Fake out did this, but not as badly as the others did.
Please, Physicians Formula - please make organic wears in water proof or water resistant! 

Overall, if you don't mind a dry mascara that needs layering, and only want volume - you might just love this.
If you like wet formulas and length/drama then you probobly won't like this very much.

Repurchase? No, too dry

Price: $17.99 CAD (and it came with $6 rebate coupon)

Rating: 3/5 

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This sounded so promising, sorry it didn't work out for you!

Vulcan_Butterfly said...

:( I have been having a hard time finding a good mascara lately, I feel your pain. The packaging is definitely super cute.